Apple Releases iOS 4.2 FINAL; Now Available To Download
As promised earlier today, iOS 4.2 is now available for the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple TV 2G. Users should be able update their devices by connecting them to iTunes and clicking the “Check for Update” button. You would need to have iTunes 10.1 in order to upgrade to iOS 4.2. All you need to do is to connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with your computer via USB and start iTunes 10.1.
Download iOS 4.2 for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV 2G:
- Download iOS 4.2 for iPad
- Download iOS 4.2 for Apple TV 2G
- Download iOS 4.2 for iPhone 4
- Download iOS 4.2 for iPhone 3GS
- Download iOS 4.2 for iPhone 3G
- Download iOS 4.2 for iPod Touch 4G
- Download iOS 4.2 for iPod Touch 3G
- Download iOS 4.2 for iPod Touch 2G
- Download iTunes 10.1 for Mac and Windows
Jailbreakers And Unlockers:
There are a few things you should know about iOS 4.2’s upcoming jailbreak and unlock before you upgrade:
- You need to save iOS 4.1 SHSH blobs to Cydia if you want untethered iOS 4.2 jailbreak.
- The untethered-ness of iOS 4.2 jailbreak will be of the userland nature i.e. it works on non-vital code and can be easily patched by Apple.
- If you rely on carrier unlock, stay far away from this until updated PwnageTool / Sn0wbreeze comes out.
- The jailbreak will support all iOS devices and all firmwares capable of being jailbroken.
This entry was posted by _GadgetNews on November 22, 2010 at 2:12 PM, and is filed under Apple, Backup, Cell Phones, Hacks, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iTouch, iTunes, News, OS, SmartPhones, Software, Tech, TV. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.