Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 Released; Offers Untethered Jailbreak For iOS 4.3.3
iPhone Dev Team has released Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC15 and PwnageTool 4.3.3 for untethered iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak. Earlier we had reported that Apple has not patched iOS 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak exploit developed by Stefan Esser. The hacker has now regenerated the binaries for the latest 4.3.3 firmware and given it to the iPhone Dev Team.
… three in a row! Apple released iOS 4.3.3 on Wednesday, and once again the untethered jailbreak exploit that @i0n1c created for 4.3.1 still works. That makes it an unprecedented three firmwares where the same userland exploit works. We’re not exactly sure why Apple hasn’t fixed the hole yet, but we’re not complaining!
Today’s PwnageTool and redsn0w incorporate @i0n1c’s port to 4.3.3 (it’s ironic that such a long-lasting untether doesn’t even have an official name!). It also of course uses geohot’s limera1n bootrom exploit to inject the jailbreak.
The 4.3.3 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.3 except for the iPad2:
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- AppleTV2G (v4.3 8F202)
Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 rc15:
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 for Mac OS [Direct Link]
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 for Windows [Direct Link]
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes (iTunes 10.2.2)
Download iOS 4.3.3 / 4.2.8 for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch:
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPhone 4 (GSM)
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.8 (Verizon)
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPhone 3GS
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPad 2 WiFi
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPad 2 GSM
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPad 2 CDMA
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPad
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPod touch 3G
- Download iOS 4.3.3 iPod touch 4G
Update for Ultrasn0w Unlockers:
- ultrasn0w unlockers must stay away from redsn0w! Use only a custom IPSW to update to 4.3.3, to avoid updating your baseband.
- ultrasn0w has been updated to v1.2.3 to be compatible with iOS 4.3.3 and earlier (the ultrasn0w update does not include any new baseband support!). Please reboot your iPhone using the normal “slide to power off” swipe after installing ultrasn0w 1.2.3.